Who says peppermint is only reserved for the holidays? Peppermint is refreshing and provides a wonderful cooling sensation to any treat. It makes for the perfect compliment to many deserts and drinks. Here we will look at six yummy drinks that are made with peppermint extract and can be enjoyed any time of year!
1. Chocolate Mint Milkshake
Recipe From Yummly: Author Amy
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1 drop peppermint extract
In a blender, combine ice cream, milk, chocolate syrup and peppermint extract. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
2. White Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Recipe From: Mel’s Kitchen
2/3 cup cold heavy whipping cream
6-8 hard red-and-white-striped peppermint candies, crushed
4 cups milk
8 ounces white bar chocolate, chopped (see note)
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Additional coarsely crushed peppermint candies for sprinkling, if desired
1. In a medium bowl, beat the cream and crushed peppermints until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat. Add the white chocolate to the hot milk and whisk until melted and smooth. Mix in the peppermint extract. Heat until very warm.
3. Ladle the hot chocolate into mugs and top with spoonfuls of whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional coarsely crushed candies and serve warm.
3. Peppermint Smoothie With Yogurt
Recipe From: The Foodie Affair
6 ounces greek yogurt (Fage 0% fat, plain)
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
6 mint leaves (torn into pieces)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 drops peppermint extract (optional)
sweetener (your choice, optional)
sanding sugar (optional)
1. Put a thin layer of honey on the rim of the glass and dip into sanding sugar. Set glass aside.
2. In a blender, add yogurt and almond milk, and mix together. Add mint, vanilla, optional extract and
sweetener. Blend it up! Enjoy.
4. Shamrock Shake
Recipe From: Brown Eyed Baker
3 cups (396 grams) vanilla ice cream
1½ cups (360 ml) whole milk
½ teaspoon mint extract
6 drops green food coloring
Whipped cream, for topping
1.Place the ice cream, milk, mint extract, and green food coloring in a blender. Puree until smooth.
2. Divide between two glasses, top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Recipe From: Blender Happy
¼ cup oats
1 frozen banana
¾ cup chocolate almond milk
½ cup cold coffee
⅛ tsp of peppermint extract
1. Add oats to the blender and blend on medium-high until it reaches a flour like consistency.
2. Add remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
3. Pour into glass and top with sprinkling of cocoa (optional).
6. Peppermint Mocha Coffee Syrup
Recipe From: Grounded and Surrounded
1/2 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1. Whisk together water, sugar and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Be patient as it will take a little while for the cocoa powder to incorporate into the mixture.
2. Bring to a full boil and continue to stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add peppermint extract.
3. After syrup has cooled down store in the refrigerator. The syrup will thicken as it cools.