Preparation Tips & Seasoning Ideas
Make movie night extra special with delicious, fresh-made popcorn! Forget store-bought microwave popcorn and make your own with these easy preparation ideas. Then season it up with one of our flavorful spice blends!
Popcorn can be made a number of ways using a variety of different equipment. Our personal favorite method uses a paper lunch bag, a little olive oil and the microwave.
- Combine ½ cup un-popped popcorn with 1-2 tsp olive oil.
- Place in a paper lunch bag and fold ends of the bag over twice to seal.
- Cook in microwave on High for 2 ½ to 3 minutes, or until popping slows to 2 seconds between pops. Open bag carefully to avoid steam.
- Pour onto a ¼” baking sheet and top with melted butter or olive oil and your favorite seasoning.
- Then serve to happy movie-watchers!
Add some extra flavor to your popcorn by cooking it with one of our flavored olive oils! Our favorites include: Roasted Chile & Lime, Parmesan Garlic, Black Truffle, Jalapeno, and of course Butter!
You can also use a variety of microwave-safe bowls for cooking your popcorn. Because popcorn has become such a popular “healthy” snack, many companies have made new, innovative microwave-safe containers for preparing popcorn.
Stove Top Method:
- Put 2-3 tbsp of high temp cooking oil (Vegetable, Coconut or Avocado) to a large cooking pan. Put the pan over medium heat, add ½ uncooked popcorn kernels and stir to coat. Stir occasionally until the kernels start to sizzle.
- Put the lid on the pan and turn the heat up slightly (between medium and medium-high). One to two minutes after popping has begun, pick up the pan with the lid closed and shake up and down to prevent unpopped kernels.
- If you see tendrils of smoke coming from the pan, reduce heat to medium. Let the popping continue until there are about 2 seconds between pops.
- Remove the pan from heat and allow steam to escape from lid for 1-2 minutes.
- Then pour popcorn onto a ¼” baking sheet and top with butter or olive oil and your favorite seasoning.
- Pour into serving bowls and enjoy!
Whether you are looking for classic, cheesy, spicy, sweet & smoky, or totally unique, we have the perfect seasoning for your next bowl of popcorn!
Cheddar Cheese Powder & White Cheddar Powder: There is nothing more perfect on popcorn than cheese. And these two classic seasonings are our cheesiest!
Cheddar Jalapeno Sprinkle: Created especially for popcorn, our Cheddar Jalapeno Sprinkle is the perfect combination of spicy and savory!
White Cheddar Garlic: Our White Cheddar Garlic Seasoning is the perfect blend of rich, cheesy goodness and savory garlic. This less spicy blend is a great crowd-pleaser, perfect for kiddos and those with more sensitive palates.
Ranch Dip & Dressing: Classic ranch flavors of buttermilk, dill and black pepper, make our Ranch Dip & Dressing Mix a great addition to a bowl of popcorn. This makes truly addictive popcorn!
Honey BBQ Blend: Looking for something unique? Try our sweet and smoky Honey BBQ Blend on your next bowl of popcorn. Made with honey granules, smoked paprika and other classic barbecue ingredients, this blend brings the flavor of the grill right to your bowl! Try our Sweet Chili Maple for even more barbecue flavor.
Chile Lime Seasoning: Bring authentic South American flavor to your next bowl of popcorn! Spicy citrus combined with subtle earthy tones make our Chile Lime Seasoning a great addition to buttery popped kernels.
Cajun Spice: Like it hot? Our Cajun Spice is sure to bring a little fire to your taste buds. Perfect when paired with butter-drenched or lightly oiled popcorn.
These are just a few of our delicious options for topping popcorn. If you are looking for even more great ideas try a few of these:
- Sazon Blend: for delicious Mexican flavor
- Ghost Pepper Sea Salt: for those who like it extra hot
- Sriracha Sea Salt: for sweet plus heat
- Garlic Pepper: for classic garlic flavor with an extra pepper kick
- Salt & Vinegar: for an addictive taste just like salt & vinegar potato chips