Great Blends for Grilled Vegetables
Summer is here! And that means great tasting garden produce and meals made on the grill. While the most obvious thing to throw on the grill may be juicy burgers or a delicious steak, don’t leave out the vegetables. Try some of our favorite seasonings to make sure those fresh garden veggies don’t go to waste!
Black & Bold: One of our best-selling seasonings, Black & Bold’s bold pepper flavor with a bright hint of dill is perfect for green veggies like broccoli, green beans, asparagus, zucchini and brussel sprouts. It is easiest to cook broccoli, green beans and brussel sprouts on a pellet grill, like a Traegar, as they will need to be cooked on a sheet pan rather than directly on the grill’s surface. Asparagus and zucchini can be seasoned and cooked directly on the grill.
- Grilled Green Veggies: Place veggies in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on Black & Bold and toss to coat, then pour out onto a sheet pan. Cook on High heat grill setting until tender, about 6-9 minutes for broccoli and green beans, 25-40 minutes for brussel sprouts. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Mojito Lime Seasoning: This seasoning is our favorite for kabobs and eggplant. Bright Mediterranean flavors of mint, garlic and oregano pair wonderfully with creamy eggplant and crisp bell peppers. It is also a yummy addition to large tomato slices and zucchini. Looking for more Mediterranean flavors, try our Tomato Basil Blend and Za’atar Seasoning!
- Delicious Eggplant Crostini: chose a large eggplant and cut it into ½” slices. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Bread Dip Mix, Tuscan Herb or Tomato Basil Blend. Grill each side for 3-5 minutes, until tender-crisp. Mix halved cherry tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, red wine vinegar and a shake of additional seasoning together. Top crostini with tomato mixture and fresh-grated Parmesan cheese. Cook on grill until cheese is melted. The best way to eat eggplant!
Stir-Fry Sprinkle: For an Asian twist to veggies, try our Stir Fry Sprinkle. This collection of Asian flavors like ginger, garlic, sesame seed, and green onion adds a spicy and interesting taste to green beans, bell peppers and even tomatoes.
- Stir-fry Grill Packets: Fold a piece of tin foil into a packet shape. Place green beans, sliced bell peppers and sliced onion in foil. Drizzle with Tropical Tsunami or Pineapple Habanero Soy Sauce. Sprinkle with Stir-Fry Sprinkle and close up the packets. Cook on the grill for 15-20 minutes, until veggies are tender. Carefully open the foil packets, allowing the steam to escape. Enjoy!
Honey BBQ Blend: This sweet and smoky blend is amazing on cauliflower, carrots and butternut squash. These veggies are also best cooked on a pellet grill using the same sheet pan method as broccoli, green beans and brussel sprouts. Carrots can be roasted either whole or sliced. Cut cauliflower into larger slices and place directly on the grill. This blend also makes a great seasoning for grilled corn!
- Honey BBQ Grilled Corn: Remove husks from corn. Butter and season with Honey BBQ Blend. Wrap ears of corn in tin foil and grill for 15-20 minutes. Unwrap and place corn directly on grill grates for an additional 2-4 minutes to get those great grill marks and classic charred flavor. Serve with additional butter.
- Try our Chile & Lime seasoning or Chimichurri Seasoning with this same cooking method. Sprinkle on some cotija cheese and fresh cilantro for a Mexican street corn flavor!