Sriracha seems to be everywhere you look nowadays, and personally I can see why. It is delicious on almost everything! This sriracha honey lime chicken was just an experiment of mine that turned out absolutely great! If you like a little sweet with the unique spice that sriracha brings, you can’t go wrong with this one.
This Recipe is: Dairy Free, Egg Free, Gluten Free
Cuisine Type: Chinese
- 1 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast (2 large or 4 med-small)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/3 cup sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- sesame seed (optional)
- chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Trim any visible fat off chicken breasts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, sriracha, lime juice, five spice, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add olive oil to baking dish. Coat both sides of chicken with the olive oil in baking dish. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Dump half of sriracha mixture over top of chicken. Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven.
- Remove chicken, flip, and dump half of the remaining mixture over chicken (retain some of the sauce as a dipping sauce!) Cook for additinal10-15 minutes or until done (no pink, 165 degrees internal temp)
TIP- If you like a little more sweet, increase the honey and decrease sriracha. If you like it more spicy, do the opposite. You can change the ratios without worry to your tastes. Additionally…if you don’t have chinese five spice on hand you can use ground ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.