The picture may not look the most appetizing, but trust me when I say there is more to this recipe than meets the eye! This hearty wild rice soup is definitely worth a try and you can go many different directions with it by changing up the spice mixture you use! Plus, it is quick and easy.
This Recipe is: Egg Free
Meal Type:Main Course
Cuisine Type: American
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 cups water
- 1 can chicken broth (15 oz)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg quick-cooking long grain and wild rice (or two cups cooked/prepared wild rice)
- 6 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 tbsp greek seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, or preferably dutch oven, cook bacon until done and crispy. Move aside and crumble. Add onion and celery to bacon grease and cook until onion is tender. Add ground beef and cook until beef is crumbled and no longer pink. Drain beef and veggies.
- Combine water, broth, mushroom soup, rice, beef and veggies, greek seasoning and salt and pepper in the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Taste. Add additional greek seasoning, salt, pepper, or even cajun seasoning until it suits your preference. SERVE, EAT, ENJOY.
- Oh yeah…don’t forget to top with the delicious BACON you cooked earlier!