If you like banana bread, zucchini bread, blueberry bread, or any other sweet bread you will absolutely love this pumpkin bread recipe! We generally use pumpkin puree from the garden, but canned pumpkin works just fine if you didn’t grow any pumpkins this year!
This Recipe is: Vegetarian
Cuisine Type: American
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour two 8×4 loaf pans. (tip – if you have had trouble with breads sticking in your pans in the past, instead of butter and flour line your loaf pans with parchment paper! You can lift your bread right out of the pan with the paper, and it is oven safe. Trust me…we had major issues in the past and now no more sticking breads!)
- In a stand mixer (or bowl and whisk if you don’t have a stand mixer) stir together oil and sugar. Add in eggs and pumpkin to the bowl. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Blend the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients in the mixer along with the water. Alternate back and forth between a fourth of the dry and a fourth of the water into the mixer until everything is added.
- Divide the batter evenly into your two floured or parchment lined loaf pans.
- Bake 30 mins and check loaves to see if they are done. You should be able to stick a toothpick into the loaves and pull them out cleanly. Loaves should not “jiggle” when done either. Depending on your oven and altitude, total bake time should be between 30-50 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 mins (if you can control yourself), then SLICE, BUTTER, and DEVOUR!