These honey ancho glazed chicken thighs are to die for! We prefer to throw them on the grill, but you could probably get away with cooking them in the oven as well. A nice change up from your every day chicken.
Cuisine Type: Mexican
- 4-6 boneless chicken thighs (can use chicken breasts as well, but will have to adjust cooking time until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper (more if you like it hot)
- 1-2 tbsp all american bbq
- 1-2 tsp ancho chili powder
- Olive Oil
- Combine honey, soy sauce, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until combined. Keep handy as you will be using this sweet and spicy concoction soon.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of chicken to coat. Sprinkle all american bbq generously over one side of chicken, then sprinkle half of the ancho chili powder over that side as well. Flip all chicken pieces over and repeat the application of all american bbq and ancho chili powder on this side.
- Throw chicken on the grill for 5 mins. Flip, and brush on a generous coat of honey soy sauce. Cook for another 5 mins, flip and coat again. Check internal temperature of chicken. Since the thickness of chicken and type of grill being used can greatly affect cooking times it is imperative to check the internal temperature with an instant read thermometer. Final temp should read at least 165 degrees. It can take anywhere from 10 mins up to 40 depending on your grill!
- Pull chicken off the grill when the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees. Coat your cooked chicken with a generous coat of left over honey and soy mixture before serving. EAT! (FYI….rosemary potatoes make an excellent side dish!)