As strange as it may seem, I have never been a big coleslaw fan…but this southwest coleslaw recipe has changed my mind! A little spicy with the sweetness of the cabbage and this is to die for. Put some on your fish tacos and forget about it! Give this one a try.
Cuisine Type: Mexican
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1 can corn (drained, or 1 cup fresh off the cob)
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce (from a can, chopped up)
For the Dressing
- In a large bowl combine coleslaw mix, corn, cilantro, and chili. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle chilies, adobo sauce, garlic salt, cumin, and chili powder. Pulse until smooth. (You don’t have to use a food processor if you do not have one, but cut the chilies up very fine and whisk everything together by hand)
- Add the sauce to your slaw and mix well until everything is coated. Enjoy!