Pork chops and au gratin potatoes go together like PB&J. Plus everyone loves a single dish recipe! So grab a box of potatoes and some chops from the butcher and try this easy pork chops and au gratin potatoes for dinner tonight!!
This Recipe is: Egg Free
Cuisine Type: French
- If cooking for 2, use two chops and 1 box au gratin potatoes. If cooking for 4, double.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet (we prefer cast iron this way you can cook everything together in the oven). Lightly sprinkle waterfowl rub on one side, followed by a heavier coat of greek seasoning. Flip and do the same to the other side.
- Place chops into skillet and cook until browned on first side (approx 1-3 mins). Flip and brown the other side. You only want to cook until browned, not cooked all the way through. Remove from skillet to a plate.
- If using an oven safe skillet, follow the directions to prepare au gratin potatoes in the skillet. If you do not have an oven safe skillet, use an 8×8 (serving size 2) or 9×13 (serving size 4) baking dish. Place brown pork chops over the top of the potatoes in the skillet (or baking dish). Place in oven and cook to the directions on the box (generally 25 minutes at 400 degrees)
TIP – Enjoy! These are awesome. Just make sure you don’t over cook the chops while browning and they will stay nice and juicy while cooking in the oven. Don’t over think it, and they will turn out great!