Who would have thought that something as healthy as a turkey burger could actually taste so good?! These garam masala turkey burgers are packed full of flavor. The unique flavor from the Indian inspired garam masala plays extremely well with the jalapeno and cilantro. Whip up a batch of these awesome burgers for dinner tonight!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded, chopped) (optionally substitute 1 tsp jalapeno powder)
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- Put jalapeno and cilantro into food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add turkey, egg, bread crumbs, jalapeno mixture and spices to large bowl. Thoroughly mix all ingredients together (a stand mixer with paddle attachment works great.)
- Form meat mixture into four patties. Cook on grill at medium-high heat for approx 5-8 minutes per side (or in a skillet on the stove if it’s too nasty out to grill). Juices will run clear and internal temperature will be 165 degrees when done.
- Serve on your favorite style bun with kale, tomato, and greek yogurt sauce (or traditional ketchup and mustard)