This fried rice recipe is quick to whip together and goes with a wide variety of dishes. Throw some pork, chicken, or shrimp in and this can make a main dish in itself.
This Recipe is: Dairy Free, Vegetarian
Cuisine Type: Chinese
- 3-4 cups cooked, prepared white rice
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 drops sesame oil
- If possible, prepare your rice the day before and leave in fridge 24 hours. Otherwise prepare your rice as directed on the package. Minute rice will work in a pinch.
- Beat eggs in a bowl until just blended. Cook over medium heat in skillet until almost done (still a little runny). Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add peas and onions. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Add rice to the skillet. Stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce, and eggs. Cook on high heat, tossing and stirring the whole time until completely heated through, approx 2-4 mins. Remove from heat, add sesame oil and toss until totally mixed together.
- Serve and enjoy!
TIP – You can add in cooked pork, chicken, or shrimp to make this an all inclusive dish. Chop the protein up into smaller pieces and add in at the same time as the egg. Additionally, you can forego the oyster sauce if you don’t have any on hand. You may have to add a little more soy sauce to taste.