Hand-held cherry pie deliciousness….what more could you possibly ask for! These cherry pie bars are just as good as they look, and they are easy to whip up with things you probably already have in your pantry.
This Recipe is: Vegetarian
Cuisine Type: American
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cans (21 oz each) cherry pie filling
For the Glaze:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, or stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar and salt until fluffy and light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating together well. Add 1 tsp vanilla and ½ tsp almond extract. Gradually add in flour while mixing. Incorporate well.
- Spread 3 cups of the batter into a greased 15x10x1 baking pan. (a 13×9 pan will work in a pinch) Spread pie filling over the batter. Drop remaining batter by the teaspoon over the top of the pie filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 mins. Check, and cook additional 5-15 minutes if necessary. Batter should be a nice golden brown when done. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
- To make the glaze, mix confectioners’ sugar, ½ tsp vanilla and almond extracts, and just enough of the milk together until your desired consistency is reached. (tip- heavy cream actually works much better than regular milk, and sets up much quicker!)
- Drizzle the glaze over the top, cut up, and try not to eat them all in one sitting!